You do realize the woman was only stoned for not being a Virgin? The price of a Virgin is usually 100 shekels which is why when a woman was raped the rapist had to give 50 shekels to make up for the rest in case a man finds another suitor for his daughter. Non virgins are 50 shekels. She’s not stoned if the man knows. However if she lied or her father lied then there is punishment
hey thanks for adding some information about this. when it comes to misogyny in the bible, many believers just go deaf, dumb and blind and try to avoid the topic. it should be obvious to any sane mind that the bible is nothing more than a book written by sick men trying to keep women under control and subjugated.
Okay, what about the Bible then? If one can prove that Bible is a valid and reliable source of information then there is your scientific proof that God exists. Josh McDowell (and others) have already done that – I'd really like to recommend you the book "More than a carpenter". Whether you read it or not – it's your choice. But I can assure you that it's worth your time.
hey, maybe you are right, i mean the bible is a great source
guess what: the more i read the bible, the more i realize that the list for accurate biblical guidance is almost endless! thanks for showing me the right path to christianity
ps: i found this website that claims to list up all the nonsense in the bible, which is pure blasphemy. whether you read it or not – it’s your choice. but I can assure you that it’s worth your time
On her radio show, Dr. Laura said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following response is an open letter to Dr. Schlesinger, written by a US man, and posted on the Internet. It’s funny, as well as quite informative:
Dear Dr. Laura:
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God’s Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God’s Laws and how to follow them.
1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can’t I own Canadians?
2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness – Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord – Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination, Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don’t agree. Can you settle this? Are there ‘degrees’ of abomination?
7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?
8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16. Couldn’t we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I’m confident you can help.
Thank you again for reminding us that God’s word is eternal and unchanging.
Your adoring fan,
James M. Kauffman,
Ed.D. Professor Emeritus,
Dept. Of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education University of Virginia
P.S. (It would be a damn shame if we couldn’t own a Canadian.)
When atheists teach Xtians about their bible, and that they just don’t have enough faith.
BTW, if prayer was a “yearning of the heart” rather than a request for something then no wonder your god ignores you, because you’re just whining into the sky. Like a child who just walks into the room and makes a dramatic point of sighing.